Monday, May 7, 2012
Media Log #4: Premature Perspiration
This AXE commercial is just one I couldn't ignore because of many reasons. The audience targeted is given, men with premature perspiration. One, this commercial is mainly wit and humor. Who could not help but laugh through the duration of it? The acting is, of course, exaggerated which may be the reason why it's hilarious. The music played in the back forces some to feel a bit guilty about their premature perspiration. It allows possible experiences to return as bad memories pulling them more to the product. The commercial assumes that men with this condition lose women and lower self esteem. It's not justified why but they do offer a solution so why not buy it right? It's a simple solution. If you use it like the guy near the end, you'll be able to achieve a girl with lots of confidence. Those two techniques in one commercial sure do work well together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like this commercial too, and I totally agree that it is funny because of how exaggerated the acting is because nobody really acts like that. The music in the background almost just makes us feel bad for the actors experiencing this. I like how they use all of these different stereotypes of guys, to show how it happens to a lot of men, but I especially like how they used the nerdy kid. I always think of that type of stereotype when it comes to being embarrassed in front of ladies.
ReplyDelete